Time zones: SBT (UTC +11), GMT (UTC +0), CET (UTC +1), EET (UTC +2), MSK (UTC +3)
- Double-digit growth every year since we started in 2015
- Swiss based
- 30 employees from 15 nationalities, based in Switzerland, Slovenia, Spain, Netherlands, UK, …
- The Goal: to revolutionise the centuries-old coffee trade industry and make it transparent and digital.
- How: Through the Algrano online platform, coffee growers promote and sell their coffees straight to roasters in Europe without worrying about the logistics.
🎯 Mission driven company: empower coffee growers
💪 Work in autonomous and empowered teams
🕐 Flexible working hours
✈️ Meet in Zurich once per quarter with the entire team
As a Full Stack Engineer, you will be part of the product team that is responsible for building the web platform. You will work in close collaboration with other engineers (Zmago, Dan, and Hassan), the business analyst (Agnete), UI/UX designers (Jon and Eugenia), and the Chief Product Officer (Christian). We use an adopted agile process to ensure we work on important tasks, deliver high quality and get things done. Algrano is a web application developed in Ruby on Rails. You will work on various parts of the application, from user facing features like building the marketplace to business specific features to support coffee logistics.
Your tasks will include:
- Develop within the Ruby on Rails framework and related technologies
- Participate in solution design with the Business Analyst and other team members
- Continuous integration, frequent deployments
- Live weekly tech and product meeting, otherwise asynchronous communication is preferred (Trello, Basecamp, Slack)
- Regular team gatherings and events in Europe
- You will be a critical member of our team, regardless of your level of experience, and we want you to grow with us.
The web and technology is like your second home and talking about it makes you excited. You see code as a tool to express yourself and you love collaborating on a product you see value in. Your goal is to build great solutions that users love and enjoy using.
Your strength include:
- Quality assurance: you are proud to deliver high quality code, you write unit tests and you are familiar with feature test frameworks
- Communication skills: You understand that a big part of software engineering is communication work. You feel comfortable talking about requirements and you also like to participate in technical discussions.
- Business problem solving : You love using your coding skills to solve real business problems and impacting life of others.
Your experience, background and skills:
- 5+ years experience with Ruby on Rails
- 2+ years experience with JS, HTML, CSS
- Experience with behavior-driven testing frameworks, such as RSpec and Cucumber
- You have proven experience in remote work
- Very good command of English (spoken and written)
- You are located in Europe
Bonus points for:
- Experience with marketplaces, ERP, etc.
- Experience with Github, Heroku, Continuous Integration tools
- If you have worked in a startup and know about the challenges
- Motivation and willingness to learn about a new business domain