Time zones: EST (UTC -5), CST (UTC -6), MST (UTC -7), PST (UTC -8), AKST (UTC -9), HST (UTC -10), GMT (UTC +0), CET (UTC +1), EET (UTC +2), AST (UTC -4), FKST (UTC -3), NST (UTC -3:30), JST (UTC +9), CST (UTC +8), WIB (UTC +7), MMT (UTC +6:30), BST (UTC +6), NPT (UTC +5:45), IST (UTC +5:30), UZT (UTC +5), IRDT (UTC +4:30), GST (UTC +4)
**EventMobi is an all-remote company and this is a fully remote position. You will need to be able to work in PST or EST time zones.
WHY CONTENT MARKETING AT EVENTMOBI?
They say great marketing is all about great storytelling—stories that make the customer envision success and ultimately take action! As you read this job description, we hope it inspires you to start your story at EventMobi.
EventMobi is not your typical tech startup. We could start by telling you how amazing your co-workers are and how they will support you day-in and day-out. We could talk about our commitment to being the best all-remote company. We could go on about our amazing suite of products, but maybe instead, you should read and watch some of our incredible customer stories on our website.
Thousands of organizations around the world are using EventMobi’s event management platform to create engaging conferences that bring about real change around the world. That’s the reason we do what we do, and we can’t wait for you to join us in our mission to empower event marketers and conference organizers to design and deliver their best events yet.
Your track record is solid with 5+ years of experience as the leader of the content team or as the content strategist/writer in a B2B environment. You know what it takes to build lead-gen funnels, manage SEO, and create content that commands attention and inspires action. You enjoy taking an active role in all aspects of content creation, from developing audience personas and strategy development, to content planning, research, and writing. You are adept at analyzing and reporting on the performance of all content marketing initiatives.
In this role, you will have tons of support and resources, but will ultimately own content strategy and execution. You will be able to leverage our existing roster of freelancers and have the opportunity to build your own team—setting standards and processes along the way. You will interface with other members of the marketing team, other functional groups and many external stakeholders as well to deliver a suite of content that supports the company’s business objectives and marketing strategy.
WHAT YOUR WORK WILL FOCUS ON
Research & Plan
- Work closely with product marketing and sales leadership in conducting research and analysis to help you uncover content opportunities; from competitor positioning, to customer questions and rejections
- Audit our existing content and identify gaps that can help with SEO, as well as sales velocity and conversion
- Create quarterly content plans that align with marketing’s strategic goals and global business objectives
- Establish brand governance measures, buyer personas, content standards, brand guidelines, editorial and style guidelines
- Write and/or commission a wide range of content types, including but not limited to: Industry TOFU content, how-to articles, blog posts, long-form content, customer success stories, web page copy, social posts, video scripts, campaign emails, product announcements, brochures and presentations.
- Manage in-house copywriters (you will have a chance to hire your team) as well as external content partners/freelancers
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to help distribute content in appropriate paid and free channels
- Split and reformat content to optimize distribution in various formats
Optimize & Report
- Ensure website/blog performance, SEO ranking and other media insights are continuously reviewed and incorporated to optimize content performance
- Establish KPI’s for each new piece of content produced, and track and report on performance for each asset and the impact on marketing and sales results.
- Identify opportunities to improve our own work processes, incorporate new best-in-class content creation frameworks
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TEAM
- A passion for technology and the potential for it to positively impact events and communities
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, English, Communications, Information Management, or other related areas
- 5+ years of content creation and leadership experience from ideation, research, planning, and interviewing to writing and editing to deliver the finished product
- Strategic knowledge of SEO best practices
- Strong working knowledge of web analytics and SEO tools including Google Analytics, Google Search Console, SEMrush or Ahrefs
- Experience with marketing automation (Hubspot, Pardot, Marketo, etc.) and Content/Web Management Systems (WordPress, etc.)
- Experienced in building effective content marketing funnels
- Project management and organizational experience, including budget tracking
WHAT DO YOU GET AT EVENTMOBI?
- Compensation: $100-$120k ($CAD) + Stock Option + Benefits
- TimeOff: 3-weeks vacation + 1-week Sick Days. Your Birthday is a holiday (seriously! log-off and hang out home with the fam or go do something fun) + FlexTime (While You Work Your Time Zone) + Opportunities to meet your co-workers in person around the world
- Benefits: Dental, Health, Life, Mental Health Consultations (InkBlot)
- Tools: Top of the line hardware and the best software for your home office setup (Macbook Pro, 2nd Monitor, Noise-Canceling headset, etc)
LEARN MORE ABOUT EVENTMOBI & OUR ALL-REMOTE CULTURE
We’re focused on building the most comprehensive event and conference management platform in the industry. Our mission is to empower and change how event marketers and conference organizers manage their events, and create engaging event experiences. We’ve already changed how 30,000+ events in over 70+ countries leverage the best event technology at their in-person, virtual and hybrid events.
EventMobi is an all-remote company with over 100 diverse, experienced and talented employees, distributed globally across Canada, US, Europe, Philippines and the Middle East. We continuously strive to promote a remote work culture centered around our core values of Empathy, Honesty, Growth Mindset, Collaboration and Expertise. We believe the success of a great remote team is rooted in strong asynchronous communication, effective documentation, clear goal setting along with use of collaborative technologies.
We encourage a healthy work-life balance, host fun and informative live company-wide virtual meetings weekly, and create opportunities for teams to come together at least once a year. At EventMobi, we take care of each other. Everyone has a voice to enact change via our anonymous pulse surveys. And all managers are required to have regular 1on1s to support their staff in day-to-day activities, as well as long term career growth.
If you are interested in seeing EventMobi in action, check out some of the links below:
- Product Demo Video Series – 7 short videos that blends in best practices in event technology while using EventMobi
- Event Tech Insider – Our customer community space where you can experience our product in action and see some of our highlighted content, webinar recording and your future co-workers at work 🙂
- “The Nature of Events” – a fun video showcasing the EventMobi Team
EventMobi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
** No Recruiters Please.