We believe in the power of technology as a force for good and are looking for game-changers from across Europe (or equivalent time zones) who share our vision of helping retailers reduce 1 gigaton of emissions by 2030.
If you want to work at a purpose-driven startup and be part of a team defining state-of-the-art technology that drives down carbon emissions at scale, we’d love to hear from you.
- Environmental. The Earth is our protagonist. Protecting it is at the center of everything we do.
- Collaborative. Climate change affects us all. By working collaboratively we know we can make a difference within retail, and beyond.
- Honest. Our voice is informative and authentic. We want to share what we are working on, be open about the challenges, and build an ecosystem that creates change.
In this role, you will be designing and building high-performance and scalable services and data infrastructure with the end goal of providing clean data sets for data science and analytics.
What will your day-to-day look like?
- Design, implement and maintain scalable backend services and data pipelines from the ground up, with a high degree of autonomy;
- Collaborate with LCA experts, data scientists, and backend engineers to solve data challenges;
- Deploy your services on our Google Kubernetes Engine. Integrate with other systems heavily relying on specialized technologies like Kafka and Neo4j;
- Extract and transform data from systems based on Google Cloud Platform to a structure that is relevant by selecting appropriate techniques;
- Work closely with the engineering team on data preprocessing, data structures and service integrations;
Who we are looking for (Qualifications)
- Proficient in at least one programming language ideally in a cloud environment using Kubernetes / Docker;
- Production experience with Golang;
- Extensive experience with relational and non-relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, BigQuery);
- Ability to effectively design data models that perform well, and tune queries to access them;
- Proficient in software engineering best practices like version control and CI/CD;
- Knowledgeable in working with and managing large data sets. Experience with big data technology and large-scale analytics systems is a plus;
- Strong interest in data engineering and desire to quickly learn and understand new technologies;
- Enjoy working collaboratively within a team as well as autonomously;
- Care about the business implications of anything you build and you are driven to solve tough problems for a fast-moving startup;
- A proactive passion for solving climate change;
- Experience working in a fully remote environment;
- Fluent in English.
What We Offer:
- Work at a mission-driven start-up with sustainability experts
- Receive equity in a fast-growing business with an exciting journey ahead
- Full remote work from anywhere in Europe
- Collaborate with a diverse, open-minded, and international team
- Grow and develop within an expanding team of entrepreneurial experts
- Join our bi-annually offsite where we come together in a European destination
- Enjoy 26 days paid leave with an additional day for every year of employment (up to 30 days)
- Opt-in to pension and health policies available within your region of work