Time zones: EST (UTC -5), CST (UTC -6), MST (UTC -7), PST (UTC -8), AKST (UTC -9), HST (UTC -10)
This position is remote friendly. You will have the option to opt into one of the following work environments:
- In-office: New York, NY
- Remote: Only if you have/will have a permanent address in NY, NJ, PA, CT, NC, GA, FL, TX
AlphaSights was born with a purpose: to unlock human knowledge and power success. From our state-of-the-art offices in nine major world cities, we connect business leaders seeking knowledge with the experts who possess it. We’re one of the fastest-growing global companies, employing 1500+ colleagues of 60+ nationalities.
What we do
We operate at the heart of the global knowledge economy, providing a suite of knowledge-on-demand services to investment funds, consultancies, Fortune 500 companies and nonprofits. Our clients use our services when evaluating critical investment and business decisions. We connect them with industry experts who possess specific knowledge that is otherwise unavailable to them.
We’re a fast-paced, client-driven service organization. We respond to client inquiries within minutes and deliver within hours. When deadlines are tight, and when robust insight is make or break, our clients count on us.
Tech at AlphaSights
We’ve made terrific progress working in this new space, but there is still an incredible amount of work to do. We’ve only just scratched the surface on how we can apply technology to this problem.
AlphaSights’ Engineering Managers are the technical team leaders that excel at unlocking their team’s potential for high quality delivery. They manage both the technical and the people side of their teams; being both a career mentor as well as a technical mentor for their developers. They spend a majority of their time ensuring the technical excellence of their team, unblocking their team for maximum delivery, and communicating the team’s needs and progress to the rest of the organization. As an engineering manager you are expected to be able to write and optimize code, as well as ensure that your developers can do the same. You’ll work closely with a variety of people in the business to arrive at the best solution, immediately see the impact of your work, and get feedback directly from users.
We are looking for experienced managers who are interested in running (and building) technical teams and holding them accountable to an incredibly high standard. You should be comfortable working across multiple languages, be excited to learn new technologies, and experienced providing technical mentorship to your teams.
- Manage a team of software engineers, including task planning and code reviews
- Technically own (and typically build) large areas of our product and service ecosystem
- Work with Product Owners to flesh out business requirements and ensure that the team is solving the right problems to help the business
- Ensure that the team adheres to high standards and practices sustainable engineering
- Help your team grow from both a technical and career perspective.
- Follow an agile methodology for rapid, nimble delivery.
You might be a fit if you:
- Have at least 5 years of professional development experience, and have at least 2 years of management experience
- Enjoy mentoring other team members, including code reviews and tech talks
- Can balance deep work with cross team collaboration
- Enjoy writing code in a variety of languages
- Constantly learn from and mentor other engineers
Don’t worry if your experience or background doesn’t match all of these areas, we believe a broad spectrum of experience provides great perspective on solving problems in new and innovative ways and we’d love to hear from you.
You might lead teams that:
- Build tools to schedule multi-party communication with heavy constraints
- Automate the detection and mitigation of risk in real-time
- Tackle the challenges associated with Information Retrieval including building recommendation engines, auto-completion, and data categorization
- Improve our internal and client facing user interfaces
- Improve and evolve our core infrastructure to continue to reduce developer friction for deployment
- Optimize and scaling our overall platform architecture
Who you would work with:
- You would join a dynamic, multinational, and diverse team who enjoy solving interesting problems in a collaborative environment
- We have self-taught engineers as well as graduates from top Computer Science and Engineering schools
- Your co-workers will include motivated engineers as well as experienced leaders from various background
Find out more: http://engineering.alphasights.com
- $170k – 195k fixed annual base salary
AlphaSights is an equal opportunity employer. Read more about our commitment to DEI here.