The American Physical Society (APS) is a nonprofit membership organization working to advance and diffuse the knowledge of physics through its outstanding research journals, scientific meetings, and education, outreach, advocacy, and international activities. APS represents more than 50,000 members, including physicists in academia, national laboratories, and industry in the United States and throughout the world.
Do you want to work to create engaging and on-brand graphics for a variety of media? Are you inventive and passionate about visual storytelling, industry trends, and design thinking? Do you pride yourself on getting the job done? Come join the “Yes” team, where we strive to deliver quality work expediently! As the Multimedia Designer for the American Physical Society, you will play an integral role as a member of the Communications Department. APS’s Multimedia Designer requires someone detail-oriented, a quick study who can handle large strategic projects while executing creative deliverables. In this role, the Multimedia Designer will create visual assets for print and digital mediums and conceptualize and layout marketing materials, all while adhering to the APS brand and guidelines. The ideal candidate is a fresh and creative thinker who stays up-to-date on the latest platforms, practices, and standards in digital and social media. Apply Today!
- Design and develop print and digital campaigns from conception to completion.
- Conceptualize and create printed collateral, infographics, animations, presentations, explainer videos, and visual effects.
- Develop a variety of printed collateral including brochures, flyers, newsletters, and signage.
- Develop motion graphics and videos for social media, web pages, multimedia projects, and email campaigns.
- Edit videos incorporating stock and raw footage, motion design, voiceover, and music.
- Coordinate the planning behind video projects, whether they are handled internally or working with an outside vendor.
- Rework existing graphics to increase aesthetic value or apply consistent branding.
- Present design concepts and amend designs to stakeholder comments.
- Lead and implement creative solutions for larger campaigns and day-to-day needs, by collaborating with team members, APS staff, consultants and external constituents to meet deadlines and objectives.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in agency or in-house graphic design environment.
- Demonstrated creative, innovative, and graphic design abilities with a strong portfolio.
- Proficient in Adobe CC Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects).
- Advanced experience with graphic design including logo design, typography, color, layout, web design, print production, image selection, and photo retouching.
- Experience with motion graphics and video editing using Adobe After Effects, Premiere Pro or equivalent applications.
- Experience with PowerPoint, Canva, and/or Asana a plus
- The Scientific Method
- Truth and Integrity
- Diversity, Inclusion, and Respect
- Partnering, Cooperation, and Open Collaboration
- Speaking Out
- Education and Learning
All APS Employees must be vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination via our secured vaccination portal Safeter upon hire, unless they have an HR approved medical or religious exemption. The APS has a “remote first” concept that promotes equal treatment and equal access, independent of physical work location, with a majority of staff working primarily from remote work locations.