The main product you will be working on is Merchant, which is an all-in-one plugin for WooCommerce with over 40 modules designed to improve conversions for store owners. We have an ambitious roadmap for this product and you will play an instrumental role in realising it.
You might also be asked to contribute to Botiga, which is a WooCommerce theme. Then there is Botiga Pro, a plugin that extends Botiga with additional, advanced features (wishlist, size chart, checkout layouts etc).
Our ideal candidate
What You’ll Do
- Help us deliver on our product roadmap by coding and testing new features
- Update themes/plugins with bug fixes and code improvements
- Liaise with the support team to troubleshoot and solve issues
- 3+ years professional experience and strong expertise in WordPress development
- Advanced proficiency with PHP, including modern PHP practices (OOP, autoloading, traits etc)
- Experience coding custom WordPress themes and plugins from scratch
- Experience working with major plugins like WooCommerce and Elementor
- Familiarity with the WordPress Block Editor
- Experience using Git and GitHub
- A consistent coding style and passion for well-organized, clean code
- Ability to convert UI designs to functional, performant code
Nice To Haves
- Published theme/plugin author (or contributor) on a major WordPress marketplace like the .org repo or Envato
- Proficiency in React
- A salary of $40,000 – $60,000 USD, based on your experience and location.
- This is a full-time, 100% remote position. Work from wherever you want in the world.
- True flexibility. While we do ask for a few hours of overlap with CET each day, outside of that, you are free to work whenever suits you best.
- Massive autonomy. No one likes to be micro-managed, and we don’t like to micro-manage anyone (if you need that kind of hand holding and direction, we’re not going to be your cup of tea!). We hire people who are excited to own their work and we look to you to tell us the big levers in your role that’ll make the most impact.
- Competitive compensation. Everyone on our team is an expert at what they do and we believe in paying people fairly for their contribution.
- Be part of a small team (you will be our fourth developer) trying to make a difference in the WordPress world.
The Application Process