Headquarters: Dublin, Remote
Stuart here, founder of Booster SEO
Have you previously worked with another Shopify app?
If so, awesome! Keep reading. If not – no worries, perhaps we’ll cross paths in the future.
About the job
How are we different?
- We believe in writing Rails in a particular style, sticking close to standard and general Rails best practices.
- If a feature takes our competitors 8 weeks to build, we build a solid MVP in 8-10 days. We utilize the 80/20 principle to focus on what matters and just ship. Of course, we look at the usage metrics, then come back and complete the other 20% over time.
What will you be responsible for?
- Development of our Ruby on Rails monolith.
- Write high-quality, clean, and scalable code following best practices and design patterns
- Write and maintain unit tests, integration tests, and end-to-end tests to ensure the reliability of the application
- Perform debugging and troubleshooting to identify and fix issues promptly
- Collaborate with teams to ensure smooth deployment and continuous integration processes and participate in configuring and maintaining the deployment pipeline and monitoring systems
Who you are
- You’re self-driven and prefer working autonomously with limited guidance
- You’re dependable, reasonable and trustworthy, with proven sound judgment
- You can operate in a high-octane environment
- You utilize the Pareto Principle (80/20)
- You prefer 5 minute daily standups vs long drawn out meetings
- You have a profound passion for Rails best practices
- 6+ years of professional software development experience with Ruby / Ruby on Rails
- Deep knowledge of working with the Shopify app ecosytem
- In-depth knowledge of database systems, particularly relational databases (e.g., Postgres, Sidekiq and Redis)
- The ability to adjust to our high octane workflow. One of our core values is to create what works in its simplest form and iterate based on metrics and feedback. We don’t have long release cycles 🤗
- The ability to work in EST or PDT time zone, or at least overlap by 5 hours
- Ability to write efficient and optimized code, following best practices and design patterns
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities to tackle complex technical challenges
- Excellent communication skills to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product managers, designers, and other engineers
❤️ Things we love
- Living by our GAINS core values of Growth Mindset, Analyze Before Assuming, Iterate & Improve, Nurture Relationships, and Scrappy.
- Helping over 1.4M Shopify merchants who have installed our software
- Having a stress free work environment!
- Being a 100% remote & 100% global team!
🤮 Things we avoid