Time zones: EST (UTC -5), CST (UTC -6), MST (UTC -7), PST (UTC -8), AKST (UTC -9), HST (UTC -10)
Citizen Data seeks an effective, experienced, and entrepreneurial Web Developer to join Citizen Data’s growing product team. This role will be responsible for building and maintaining Citizen Data’s suite of web-based data insights and bringing the power of our cutting edge models to a broader audience in an engaging, interactive, and actionable way. Keys to success will include the ability to anticipate and understand user needs, design seamless experiences, build scalable and repeatable solutions, and not be afraid to innovate.
Our product is centered around providing on-demand, actionable insights to users directly. The ideal candidate will be skilled at delivering interactive and data-centric products at scale while keeping an eye toward market opportunities to innovate and position Citizen as a social impact leader in the democracy advocacy and bridge-building space. The Web Developer collaborates with Citizen’s cross-functional team to help manage, design, and deliver best-in-class insights to stakeholders through our growing product portfolio.
Citizen is a remote company, and we’re happy to consider candidates that are currently located and reside in the U.S. for this position.
- Collaborate with data, product, and design team members to plan and develop our portfolio of highly usable and visually appealing data-centric web applications
- Participate in design sessions and requirements gathering for new initiatives
- Assist with UX/UI design in creating quality mock-ups, wireframes, and prototypes
- Lead efforts to continuously improve usability by gathering feedback and conducting user testing
- Deploy applications and monitor uptime and infrastructure performance to maintain acceptable service levels
- Develop and support-long term efforts by identifying problems, troubleshooting performance bottlenecks, and implementing improvements
- Maintain all web application source code repositories and assist with maintenance and enhancement of documentation for company best practices, policies, and procedures
- 3-5 years experience in a web or front end software development role, preferably within a data-centric product space
- Exceptional and demonstrable experience with data visualization and presentation, including both static and dynamic content
- Understanding of security and application integration including using APIs, embedded apps, dynamic content management, and AWS infrastructure
- Excellent project coordination and time management skills including understanding of Agile software development processes
- Preference for candidates with backgrounds or interest in civic tech, democracy reform/advocacy, public sector, non-profits, or organizations with mission-driven outcomes
- Competitive Compensation
- Employer-Sponsored Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (vacation, sick days & public holidays)
- 401(k) Plan with 3% employer contribution match
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Training & Development
- Work From Home
Our greatest strength as a company is the team building it. As we strive to use data to bridge divides, advance meaningful change, and strengthen American democracy, we are committed to growing a team that reflects the diversity of this country. Citizen is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from any and all backgrounds, experiences, ideologies, and perspectives.