Time zones: EST (UTC -5), CST (UTC -6), MST (UTC -7), PST (UTC -8), AKST (UTC -9), HST (UTC -10)
Full-Stack Web Developer
About College of the Holy Cross:
Founded in 1843 in Worcester, Massachusetts, the College of the Holy Cross is among the nation’s leading liberal arts institutions. A highly selective, four-year, exclusively undergraduate college of 3,100 students, Holy Cross is renowned for offering a rigorous, personalized education in the Jesuit, Catholic tradition.
Holy Cross highly values the unique skills, perspective, talents and passion that each employee contributes to its learning community. To work at The College is to accept an invitation to participate in the growth and development of all campus members, students, faculty and staff. The College’s commitment to diversity is an important feature of the Holy Cross education. Informed by the presence of diverse interpretations of the human experience, Holy Cross is building a community marked by freedom, mutual respect, and civility. We seek others who support our values of diversity and inclusiveness. Job candidates of all diverse backgrounds who embrace the open and inclusive culture of Holy Cross are welcome and encouraged to apply.
Reporting to the Applications Manager, The Full-Stack Web Developer is responsible for the development, support, maintenance, and testing of web applications at Holy Cross. They will work with established departmental standards to develop front and back-end code that supports a wide variety of internal and public-facing applications. While this is an entirely remote position, candidates in the New England area will be encouraged to participate in on-campus days on occasion (holiday parties, team building exercises, etc.).
Major Areas of Responsibility
• Design, develop, and maintain high-quality web applications for the College.
• Maintain expertise in both front and back-end languages and frameworks.
• Maintain expertise in database technologies.
• Acquire new expertise as necessary to meet product and department requirements.
• Perform code review and mentor junior developers.
• Other duties as assigned.
To mitigate the spread and effects of COVID-19, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, College of the Holy Cross requires that all successful applicants show proof of full, up-to-date vaccination (including a booster dose once eligible) by an FDA-approved COVID-19 vaccine before beginning employment, unless an accommodation exempting the applicant from this policy has been granted. Applicants who wish to request an accommodation based on a disability or sincerely-held religious belief should inform Human Resources after an offer of employment is extended; please do not include any medical, genetic, or religious information in your application materials.
• 3-5 Years experience working remotely while building and shipping production-level web applications.
• Demonstrated skills as a full-stack web developer.
• Good to Excellent working knowledge of TypeScript, Node/NPM, and Git.
• Familiarity with databases (SQL and NoSql), web servers, and 3rd party component libraries.
• Familiarity with DevOps (particularly AWS services), CI/CD, and cloud deployment.
• Excellent communication, teamwork, and organizational skills.
• A strong willingness to learn new technology and wear lots of hats.
• Working knowledge of other languages (especially Ruby and Python).
• Strong AWS experience (Amplify, DynamoDB, Lambda, API Gateway, S3).
• Solid design sensibilities and an understanding of modern CSS development.
• An interest in exploring new tech and making recommendations to the department.
• Experience with Salesforce development.
• Skills that are required for this job and are in line with the College’s mission e.g.
• Service Oriented
• Excellent Written & Verbal Communication
• Proficient Problem Solving
• Understands Risk Management
• Excellent Innovation/Creativity
• Strong Teamwork & Team Facilitation
• Strong Interpersonal Skills
• Understands, values and respects diversity as an individual, in a team and within groups while fostering an inclusive and supportive environment.
The College is committed to providing competitive market pay for its employees. The annual salary for this position ranges from $96,000 to $102,000 and is commensurate with experience and qualifications. The College also offers a competitive benefits package for full-time staff, including:
• 10% College contribution to the 403(b) Retirement Plan (1 year wait waiver available)
• Hybrid work
• NEW – condensed summer 4-day work week
• Tuition benefits
• Wellness programs & ongoing Training and Development opportunities
• Generous paid time off
• Free parking and free use of the athletic/fitness facilities.
The College of the Holy Cross is a private, Jesuit Catholic, undergraduate institution serving approximately 3,100 students. Founded in 1843, Holy Cross is the oldest Catholic college in New England and has a tradition of academic excellence. It is located atop Mount Saint James in Worcester, Massachusetts. The picturesque, 174-acre campus is an award-winning and registered arboretum.
Worcester is a city of approximately 170,000 people centrally located in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. It is approximately one hour from Boston, Hartford, and Providence, and three hours from New York City. Worcester is known as the Heart of the Commonwealth. Worcester offers many cultural and recreational opportunities.
The College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and complies with all Federal and Massachusetts laws concerning Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action in the workplace.
A member of the Higher Education Consortium of Central Massachusetts (HECCMA).
To review our Employee Benefit Options, please go to: https://www.holycross.edu/human-resources/benefits
Please attach a cover letter addressing the position requirements along with your resume.
In your cover letter please address how your work might support the College’s mission as a Jesuit, undergraduate liberal arts college (see http://www.holycross.edu/mission) and its core commitment to diversity and inclusion. Please provide examples of any past work that illuminate your commitments in these areas.
For more information, please visit http://holycross.edu/diversity.
Review of applications will begin as received and continue until the position has been filled.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3924875
The College of the Holy Cross is a highly selective Catholic liberal arts college in the Jesuit tradition. It enrolls about 3,000 students and is located in a medium-sized city 45 miles west of Boston. The College seeks faculty members whose scholarship, teaching, advising, and on- and off-campus service demonstrate commitment to the educational benefits of a richly diverse community. Holy Cross aspires to meet the needs of dual-career couples, in part through its membership in Higher Education Consortium of Central Massachusetts (http://www.heccma.org) and the New England Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (https://new-england.hercjobs.org/)
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.