- $300 per video
- Anywhere in the World
Lead Editor for Dragonfruit Media
Remote / Contract
tldr: Dragonfruit Media is an agency that helps some of the biggest businesses and creators maximize engagement, revenue, and impact on YouTube. We leverage the power of human storytelling to amplify marginalized voices, teach valuable insights, and tackle systemic problems.
Some of the creators our team has helped include Mrbeast, Ali Abdaal, Noah Kagan, Ryan Deiss, David Perell, Sorelle Amore, as well as brands like FTX, Clickup and Linktree. In just the last 12 months, we’ve helped our clients achieve over 184 million organic views.
Our videos cover a diverse set of topics, from Kendrick Lamar’s notetaking style, real estate and global economic trends, study tips, or podcast shows where our clients have interviewed Mark Zuckerberg, Elon Musk, and other top tech thought leaders.
About Dragonfruit Media
Why we do it:
- 🔥 Video is the fastest-growing and most scalable medium for organic customer acquisition
- 💵 Businesses owning organic distribution channels (vs constantly buying media) will dominate the future of marketing.
- 🌎 Stories transform lives, and if we can teach millions of people through our client’s videos, we are making the world a better place.
Dragonfruit’s values: 1) You’re Here and You Belong
- The ability to be vulnerable with each other is the most important predictive factor for our team. Mistakes will not be held against you. Hiccups are not only expected, they are WELCOME, they are the measure of learning.
- Saying something clearly and promptly shows you care. We value transparency, vulnerability, and proactivity with communication. We also just straight-up value KINDNESS!!!!
- We love to NERD OUT, and love people willing to do the same. There’s so much information out there in the world at our fingertips to make use of to make incremental progress.
- Whenever possible, find ways to take personal responsibility for a situation rather than blaming external circumstances. It’s the most empowered place to learn and make an impact! We like to say “Look in the Mirror, Not Out the Window”
Scalable (Ryan Deiss)
😎 You’re a good fit if…
- You are a YouTube NERD – You love watching and making YouTube videos, and better yet, have dug into the analytics backend and looked at retention charts
- You understand both Premiere Pro and After Effects and have a strong motion graphics and design background (not just simple editing)
- You know how to create and review editing templates and have managed style guides for clients before
- You appreciate nuanced sound design and selecting the best music gives you a silly amount of satisfaction
- You don’t need to be given the same feedback multiple times, you pay attention to revision rounds so that everybody’s time is respected (including yours)
- You’re an excellent communicator who clarifies instructions and deadlines proactively so that your team can succeed.
💪 What you’ll be hustling on
- Working with the creative team to make the absolute most KICKASS videos on YouTube
- Modifying and editing your editing to match client feedback and our style guides.
- Receiving feedback via YouTube retention charts and audience comments for feedback to improve your videos each time.
- Checking on your editing calendar set by the team in ClickUp, and keeping ahead of schedule with minimal oversight.
If interested please fill out this form! (https://forms.clickup.com/24512108/f/qc1kc-54805/ZT4TF4EKPPV55HJRB3)