What will you be doing?
- You’ll join a squad of around 7-8 engineers as the Technical Lead, working in conjunction with a Product Owner and Engineering Manager as you build out and improve on a scalable product within our Energy Flexibility team
- You’ll own the design and development of new features, owning the engineering decisions made
- You’ll mentor and support engineers, regularly conducting code reviews
- You’ll interview engineers and assess code tasks, collaborating with the Engineering Manager in building a diverse and talented team
- You’ll drive the creation of forward facing technology strategies, and encourage high quality documentation and the adoption of best practices within engineering
What are we looking for?
- Deep technical expertise in either mobile or backend engineering, but an appreciation for the entire stack – you’ll have ideally overseen a team in a very small start-up as a founding engineer and be capable of thinking about the system as a whole
- Previous experience mentoring and supporting less experienced engineers through pair programming or code reviews
- Confidence owning engineering decisions – you’ll be pragmatic and able to justify your decisions and choices to the wider team
- Technical leadership – you’ll be empathetic and care about your team, and be keen to share your knowledge and to give (and receive) continuous feedback
- Participation and openness regarding devolving responsibility to senior engineers within the team, constructively levelling up the capability of your engineering team
- Expectations for excellence in your team regarding software quality and delivery performance
- A consideration for developments within our industry, as well as new tools, technologies and methodologies we can adopt
- Experience or interest in the EV or green energy sector
How will we support you?
- Remote working, investing in your home office setup or a co-working location convenient for you
- Access to conferences, meet-ups and training
- A top of the range Macbook Pro and all you need to do your best work
- A structured career progression framework and advancement opportunities
- Health insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Generous equity, with options to earn more shares as you progress
- Quarterly team meet-ups, to collaborate and have fun in person!
If you don’t have all of the requirements, but you’re really interested in what we’re doing, please apply anyway! We’d love to hear from you and may be able to tailor the role around your abilities and experience. We value applicants regardless of their background or years of experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are transparent about salaries internally – this role pays 168,000 USD (or local currency equivalent) per year, depending on experience, plus generous equity options and other benefits. We are looking for someone based in North America for this position.