Time zones: EST (UTC -5), CST (UTC -6), MST (UTC -7), PST (UTC -8)
Hippo Education is on a mission to empower the people of medicine to learn, grow, and thrive by creating education and community. Our hard working and quick-to-laugh crew creates exceptional medical education products through our technology platform that hosts podcasts, video courses, and more to keep clinicians up-to-date and at their best. We have a team of over 50 with some working at the main studio in Los Angeles while most of us work remotely all across the US. Hippo’s a fantastic place to work and we’re genuinely proud of the impact we have on clinicians and their patients.
As a React Native / React Developer, you’ll be instrumental in creating our next generation products and modernizing our existing codebase. In your role, you’ll have the opportunity to make a big impact within our small team, and plenty of room to grow, helping to shape our team and culture. Collaboration and a passion for solving challenging problems will be key to your success.
- Expert level React Native
- Experience bridging iOS and Android native layers
- Familiarity with Firebase and/or GraphQL
- Familiarity with Typescript
- Proficient with GitHub
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to mentor junior developers and conduct code reviews
- A great sense of humor, optimism, and collaboration
Bonus points for experience with:
- Experience working in fast paced and high-performance Agile teams
- Knowledgeable with testing and building tools (Npm, Bower, Jest, Chai)
- Sequelize ORM, jsonapi, RESTful APIs
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Full time with remote / telecommute option
- Competitive salary, vacation, 401(k) match, health, vision, and dental insurance
Please apply at this link: https://careered.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/senior-software-developer-hippo-education-8932 with your resume as well as links to relevant examples of recent work (your GitHub or equivalent profile would be a great way to start). We’ll get back to you within a few days if there is a fit.
Salary is $130,000 – $160,000 per year.