- Please note that we are currently looking for candidates within EMEA time zones for this role.
- Please visit our Careers Page for further information and to apply: https://www.interaction-design.org/careers
Are you a people person with a passion for design? Do you love helping people learn and become better designers? If this sounds like you, read on to discover a role that will help you use your skills and passion to improve lives!
We’re looking for a Social Media Specialist to help us on our mission to become the world’s largest and most recognized design school. At Interaction Design Foundation (IxDF), we’ve already helped over 150,000 graduates improve their skill sets and careers—but we’re just getting started! Our ever-growing community now needs passionate ambassadors who will drive, shape and grow the conversation around great design everywhere.
This role is integral to our identity and our mission to democratize design education because we are not just a learning platform—we’re the largest community for designers and design enthusiasts in the world. As a Social Media Specialist, you will represent this massive community and be responsible for its growth and nurturing.
What you will be doing
You will help us achieve our vision of becoming the best and most recognized design school on the planet. We’re not just saying that. We take our job and mission very seriously, and have come a long way on that road so far. Ahead of you is a highly rewarding and enriching journey on which you will:
- Share engaging educational content with our online audience of over 750,000 people.
- Develop and implement social media strategies for Interaction Design Foundation (IxDF), focusing on driving engagement and growth.
- Help our online audience find the resources they need from our vast library of courses and open-source literature.
- Research and develop strategies to expand IxDF’s social media presence on new channels like TikTok and YouTube.
- Optimize and perfect every element of how we engage with our online audience, from the copy in our social media posts to the tools and processes we use to maintain conversations with our users.
- Manage, track, and report on all activities and results. Even though social media and online conversations are primarily qualitative, we strive to leverage data to measure impact, validate assumptions, and improve strategies for better outcomes.
If you’re hungry to develop yourself professionally, you’ll find huge potential within our team to learn and grow continually. Overall, if you’re ready to help our community and, in turn, change the future of education, then congratulations—you’ve come to the right place!
- You have several years of experience as a social media specialist on channels like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- You’re knowledgeable about popular social media platforms, staying up-to-date with their nuances and technical capabilities. You stay ahead of social media algorithms to enhance our organic social media performance.
- You are a data-driven professional focusing on content that moves the needle.
- You have an eye for detail, an empathic nature with a deep desire to help people and a natural drive for perfection.
- You are proficient in prompting different AI tools such as ChatGPT to optimize your work processes.
- You are a convincing and compelling communicator who can advocate effectively.
- You are a great conversationalist who is highly socially intelligent and loves encountering new people and perspectives.
- You know what ownership of a task means and how to deliver it.
- You are fluent in written English with exceptional writing skills, perfect grammar, and an appreciation for the power of tone, brevity and microcopy.
- You have a keen eye for content, and you can quickly understand what type of content is meaningful, appropriate and useful in each situation or each platform.
- You are hungry for efficiency and constantly looking for ways to maximize your results arising from the time you spend on a task.
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment where each day is different.
You get bonus points if you …
- have experience working with YouTube and TikTok.
- have experience working remotely.
- like to design your posts with stunning visuals and cool animations.
- have a passion for, or are proficient in design.
What we offer
- A full-time, fully remote position with one of the world’s largest online design schools.
- Regular video-based contactwith your colleagues; you will get to meet them in amazing locations on team trips 1–2 times a year.
- The chance to impact the lives of tens of thousands of designers worldwide and put smiles on their faces as you ease their learning journeys.
- The opportunity to supercharge your collaboration skills and communication, working across departments and geographies to deliver outstanding results.
- The opportunity todo your life’s best work—if you’re willing to invest the required effort.
- A company culture of learning and excellence—coupled with care and respect. Your colleagues will support and help you learn, just like you’ll help them!
- A competitive salary – we pay competitive salaries based on your location and local economy.
- A home office allowance and a laptop to optimize your workspace.
- 5 weeks (25 days) of paid vacation per year to do whatever makes you happy, rested and fulfilled.