Merchstack is hiring for a Frontend Software Engineer in Southeast Asia to help us build the future of commerce. Your primary focus will be owning the delivery of a new Storefront and a completely overhauled set of Operator Tools on behalf of one of our primary clients. Our client is one of the most significant and recognizable technology companies in the United States. We’re helping lead the development of their open source commerce platform, which has over 11k Github stars. This is a hands on role in a small team. The scale of the project and the level of direct responsibility should be a great growth opportunity for the right candidate.
Here is a list of the type of work that you’ll be spending the majority of your time on:
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Write developer documentation
- Document best practices for how to extend our products
- Write blog posts about interesting ways to extend the products
- You have experience taking high quality projects from start to finish and are confident in your ability to deliver visible results in a remote environment with limited supervision.
- You enjoy reviewing and documenting code, pair programming, and get excited about improving tools and processes.
- You’re willing to put your project on hold to help a teammate via pairing or teaching concepts and patterns.
- You enjoy collaborating with designers, infrastructure engineers, and product owners.
- You’re a proficient communicator and have excellent written and verbal English.
- You have a passion for Open Source, eCommerce, or both!
- You’re comfortable working remotely.
We’re flexible on all points above. They are less requirements than they are ideals. We’re looking for the right person to work with, not to tick off checkboxes.
About Our Stack
- React, GraphQL, NextJS, NodeJS, Typescript
- Core HTML/CSS/Vanilla JS
Why work with us? 🚀
- Ability to take real ownership of major parts of an open source commerce platform.
- Top caliber team with deep engineering, design, and product expertise.
- Work remotely within a distributed team environment.
- Unlimited PTO.
- Flexible working schedule.
Merchstack partners with companies on their journey to build, launch, and scale modern eCommerce stores. We work with market-leading technologies and our own internal products to help our customers achieve ambitious digital experiences and unlock new growth opportunities. We are a remote-only company with employees all over the world, including the Philippines, the United States, Canada, Spain, and the United Kingdom. We are a small team with big ambitions and value people who are driven towards delivery and thrive on autonomy and trust.
$40k to $60k US Dollars
Prefer Southeast Asia but must overlap +/- 4 hours of GMT+8 every day