Time zones: EST (UTC -5), CST (UTC -6), MST (UTC -7), PST (UTC -8), AKST (UTC -9), HST (UTC -10), AST (UTC -4), NST (UTC -3:30)
Milanote is a web based tool for organising creative projects. It’s a beautiful and intuitive visual tool that delights our users and empowers them to do their best creative work. Among our 300k+ active users are designers, writers, marketers and other creative professionals from companies like Facebook, Apple, Dropbox, Google, Adobe, Sony, Nike, etc.
Since launching in 2017, we’ve reached #1 on Product Hunt (three times!), the front page of Hacker News, and #1 on Designer News. Milanote has also been featured by The Next Web, Lifehacker, etc.
We’re a small team (18 people in total) but despite that we’ve more than doubled our users and revenue every year since we launched. We’re also fully profitable.
Our approach to customers
We think that companies who look after their customers will always succeed in the long run. We go out of our way to provide amazing customer service every time, even for people who aren’t paying us anything. If in doubt, we’ll always put our customers over our own profits. We’re always honest with our customers, even when it doesn’t seem like it’s in our own best interests.
To learn more about what we’re like to work with, take a look at our company values.
About the role
This role is focused on providing our customers with exceptional support to help solve their problems.
The ideal candidate has excellent written communication skills (English fluent or native level), is technically-savvy, has great problem solving ability, and most importantly, displays empathy for people.
This is a full-time remote role, however, we are open to flexible/part-time schedules (e.g. working 3 to 4 days a week).
- Written communication skills – the primary job will be providing clear and succinct written responses to queries via our customer support platform Intercom.
- Problem solving ability – you’ll need to be comfortable dealing with ambiguity, and have the ability to ask appropriate questions to understand issues fully.
- Empathy and patience – we expect you to take your time with customers, and in doing so provide people with an exceptional customer experience.
- SaaS/startup experience – any previous experience at a startup/software company providing customer support would be seen as a bonus (but not essential).
- Triaging and responding to all of the queries received via our support platform Intercom.
- Providing feedback, guidance and education on how to use the Milanote platform.
- Helping convert potential customers into PRO users by offering them the right plan and pricing information.
- Assisting customers with billing and invoicing queries using the Stripe platform.
- Diagnosing technical and account issues often related to browser or device problems.
- Escalating bugs and technical issues to the development team.
- Sharing feedback and suggestions with the product team on how Milanote can be improved.
- Contributing to our help centre knowledge base to make it easier for customers to find answers to their problems.
This is a remote position, but you will ideally be based in North America – working Pacific Standard Time so there’s cross-over with the current support team (which is based in North America) and the rest of the Milanote team (which is based in Melbourne, Australia).
All our support is handled over the internet, we don’t offer video or phone support.
- Full-time or part-time options (minimum of 3 to 4 days a week).
- All the support will be carried out remotely via the Internet – so you can be based wherever it suits you best.
- If you’re currently studying, or at home raising kids – the part-time approach could fit really well into your daily life, equally the full-time approach has scope for growth into other parts of the business.
- If you’re applying outside of Australia, you’ll be on an ongoing contract
- Please provide a cover letter and answer the question asking why you’d like to join Milanote
- In your cover letter and resume please address the requirements of the role
- Shortlisted applicants will be contacted to take part in an initial survey followed by a video call interview