About the Role
- Be a partner to the CEO, working closely with them to deliver the business vision and strategy in equilibrium with maintaining a healthy engineering environment for product growth.
- Be an inspiring technical leader to the team, guiding and collaborating with all stakeholders to deliver large features and improvements while maintaining a high level of quality.
- Solve technical challenges of the highest complexity with minimal guidance. Promote innovation within the team by exploring new solutions to problems impacting product growth or team performance.
- Identify and develop a technical vision complementing the business vision. Advocate for improvements to product quality, performance, observability, maintainability, and security.
- Ensure the product meets Relay’s Engineering guidelines on technical practices, software delivery, and operational performance. Advocate and guide the team toward DevOps adoption.
- Iteratively identify and drive improvements to processes and guidelines. Lead by example and encourage documentation for clarity, transparency, and efficient communication in an all-remote workplace.
- Provide mentorship for other engineers and help them grow as technical contributors and thrive independently.
- Demonstrate Relay’s core values in all professional interactions
Requirements & Preferred Qualifications
- 12+ years of production Ruby experience.
- Strong experience with PostgreSQL or MySQL.
- Significant experience with high-traffic Sidekiq setups.
- Highly desirable: experience with infrastructure on AWS/GCP.
- Highly desirable: experience with observability tools.
- Strong sense of ownership.
- Ability to balance business needs and deliver high-quality solutions.
Relay offers benefits including free ongoing learning resources, in-person team retreats to complement our fully remote work culture, and unlimited PTO. We’re a fast growing team and welcome everyone excited about joining an early stage startup managing a portfolio of ecommerce software companies.