We’re searching for a driven and organized project manager who prides themselves on delivering an exceptional client experience.
Why work at Yoko Co?
- Do good, better: We exclusively serve clients who make a positive impact on the world. This is your chance to build things that help create a better place for all of us.
- 4-day work week and lots of holidays. Mondays are flex days, meaning you’re free to take them off if you’re caught up on your work. Plus, we’re closed for nearly a full week at Thanksgiving (November), and two weeks at the end of the year, plus a bunch of other days, too. Work-life balance FTW!
- High performance, no jerks. You’ll collaborate with good people who believe in doing great work.
- Best Place to Work (and that’s not just our opinion). We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Inc. 5000 and Washington Business Journal.
Also, life is short.
Ok, so about this position:
- You own the projects. You’re ultimately responsible for their success. That means balancing your project team and resources, to stay on time, on budget, on spec, and on vision (all while delivering an exceptional client experience).
- In pursuit of this success, we’ll make sure you have the tools and support to make that happen.
- Most of the engagements you work on will be related to websites in some way — whether that’s building something new, or making something better.
- You’ll be scheduling, planning, coordinating, connecting, and doing, as you collaborate with our strategists, designers, copywriters, developers, and others.
- Sometimes, you’ll need to lead a room or take charge of a situation. You should feel comfortable doing so, in a positive way.
You must understand the full life cycle of a digital/website project. You don’t need to be an expert in all facets of the work, but you do need a high-level of how all of the pieces fit together.
If you work here, you’ll:
- Serve as the primary contact with clients consulting on end-to-end web design projects and ongoing retainers.
- Ensure the overall success of the client’s web projects. Must be able to own the vision for a project and know what it takes to align deliverables with that vision.
- Manage internal resources and deliverables in collaboration with agency departments.
- Manage project timeline including timely delivery of the project and associated deliverables.
- Plan project phases and client billing.
- Manage administrative aspects of each client project from paperwork and invoicing to managing records in a CRM (Hubspot), PM platform, Wiki, etc.
- Develop and grow ongoing relationships with clients, colleagues, and contractors with a focus on the human-to-human experience being a delightful one.
You’ll do well in this job if you have:
- Minimum 3 years of continuous industry experience in web design (or comparable) project management, with proven experience in web project conception from inception to launch.
- Proficiency in all MS Office/G Suite applications, basic HTML syntax, writing and editing, and general knowledge of business, marketing, and technology fields.
- Proficiency with project management software and techniques. Understanding of key project management tenets including project charters and waterfall vs agile methodologies.
- Familiarity with strategic consulting, development of Information Architectures and wireframes, and development of Functional Requirements for technical projects.
- Familiarity with managing CMS implementation projects and working knowledge of content management systems. Experience with WordPress, Drupal, or other CMS products is a plus.
- This role is comparable to a project manager, you need to be able to manage complex web engagements with grace under pressure and occasionally cook up solutions on the fly.
- Have a genuine interest in staying on top of industry trends and best practices and be “game” for taking on new challenges and learning new technologies.
However, maybe don’t apply if:
- You prefer to work on a single big project at a time. We all have to do a bit of juggling around here, and while we wish we could pour ourselves into just one thing for weeks at a time to make it perfect, that’s often not the reality.
- You’ve ever said “that’s not my job” or “that’s below my pay grade.” While we try to utilize everyone in the best way we possibly can, sometimes things can get dicey and we have to pitch in to help reach the finish line.
A little more about us:
If you’re interested, you can apply for this position via our application form.
Note: We take applicants from all over the world. However, you must be willing to work a schedule that includes an overlap with normal US business hours.